Monday 24 February 2014

Music Monday: Robert W. Smith

For those of you who don't know who Robert W. Smith is it's him----->
He is in my opinion a brilliant composer and definitely one of my favourite composers. The compositions he has are incredible and I love listening to them. My favourite composition is The Winds of Poseidon because you really get to hear how each individual section of instrument sounds and plays a part within the overall structure of the piece. I haven't been fortunate enough to be able to play this piece of his but if I ever get the chance to I would totally jump at it. From having a French horn solo to a piccolo solo this piece just makes me happy.

Robert W. Smith is a great composer and I love the works that he has done. Another one of my favourites is Into the Storm which is probably one of his more well known pieces and I did get a chance to play a bit of it. I just absolutely love it! Below are links to Into the Storm and Winds of Poseidon that I highly recommend checking out! Happy music Monday everyone!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Hb4fD5LkXI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=051BGEIJRa8

No comments:

Post a Comment