Monday 24 March 2014

Music Monday: Baroque Era

For anyone who was with me in any of the many music classes I took in high school they will know that I have what may be considered and unhealthy obsession with the Baroque Era. The Baroque Era was my absolute favourite to learn about in music history and I instantly fell in love with the music, the clothing all of it. In our history classes when the chance came up I would do projects on the Baroque Era because I just love it that much. Baroque was very heavy on ornamentation both musically and fashionably.

An education lesson for those who don't know what ornamentation is it is basically the icing on the cake or the little extra details you don't necessarily need but add any ways for an extra special effect. One of the most known composers of that time is Antonio Vivaldi with his beautiful creation of The Four Seasons. Which out of the four the one most would know is that of Spring because it is highly unforgettable and gets stuck in your head really easily. Or at least it does mine because I find myself humming it quite frequently.


Here is a link to Vivaldi's Spring! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4kTei0XrCs
Happy Music Monday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment