Wednesday 26 March 2014

What's Up Wednesday: Red Door Family Shelter and Epilepsy

Hello readers! Today is "What's Up Wednesday?" and for the first time in a few weeks I actually have time to make a blog post. For today's post we're going to get real and talk about some causes that myself and my friends care about. To start off I want to talk about the Red Door Family Shelter. Red Door Family Shelter is a family shelter in Toronto that works to eliminate homelessness with one family at a time. Truth be told I had never heard of this place until my friend asked me to sign a petition about it today. As it turns out they are trying to shut down Red Door Family Shelter in order to use the space to build condo's. I do not think this is a good use of space and therefore signed the petition to keep Red Door Family Shelter running. In the short life I have lived so far I have had friends who have been homeless and therefore this is a cause that is dear to my heart. No one should be without a home and especially not with these Canadian winters. So please to you my readers go to this link and sign the petition to save Red Door Family Shelter:
http://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/save-the-red-door?share_id=ehdNTyoCDH&utm_campaign=share_button_action_box&utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=share_petition

If you want to know more about Red Door Family Shelter then here is a direct link to their about us page:
https://www.reddoorshelter.ca/about-us

Now the other big thing I want to mention in today's blog is about Epilepsy! Today in residence we are hosting an Epilepsy awareness event. We have asked that people wear purple to show their support and we will be running a photo booth where people can take pictures and ask questions to further their knowledge about Epilepsy. I myself don't know much about Epilepsy but hope to gain some more information about it tonight! Unfortunately for me, I discovered that I don't have much clothing that is purple but I do have my old basketball jersey that's purple and so I am wearing that today to show my support of Epilepsy!

No comments:

Post a Comment